Thursday, August 25, 2011

Editing

The heating pad is on.
Was in New Orleans, Baton Rouge and Dallas this week.  Here are the top five moments.

  1. Stood on the bank of the Mississippi in Louisiana.  My new quest is to stand on the shores of this great river in every state it touches.  But not after the river floods.  While we stood there, my rep informed me that a large alligator had been seen there right after a flood.  "Right here?"  "Pretty much, yeah."
  2. We went to Frank's for lunch on Tuesday.  Cricket was our waitress and she let us know that she was deaf in one ear.  "Which ear?" we asked, but she didn't hear us.  I ordered red beans and rice.  Because, it's delicious.  And it was wonderful.  I also learned that Mondays are red beans and rice day in New Orleans.  For me, it would be every day.
  3. Lake Pontchartrain is freaking huge.  I'd swear it was an ocean in and of itself.  I saw the sun rise over this "brackish estuary" (Wikipedia) on Tuesday morning.  So...beautiful.
  4. Toll tags are built into the rental cars in Dallas.  This is important to know and if we had known it would have saved us about an hour of stressful drive time on Wednesday.  And I could have eaten more at La Madeline.
  5. Virgin America is not for people who like fresh air and sunshine touching their faces.  It is for those that like the dark...possibly vampires, I don't know.  I don't plan on flying it again any time soon.  The only good thing was watching three straight hours of NCIS - the best show ever.

I titled this entry "Editing" because I am editing.  A Bomb in February is coming along.  Up next, query letters.  As Daniel Day Lewis would say "I WILL FIND YOU."  Meaning, I hope to find an agent soon, either for the Rialto series or the middle grade book.  Crossing fingers...NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment