Saturday, August 27, 2011

Louisiana

There were about four or five cemeteries within blocks of each other.  At six feet down there is water, so everyone is buried above ground.
 Given the past few weeks, I wasn't eager to stop and take a photo of the cemeteries we saw, but I was impressed by how haunting and Gothic they looked.  I pictured them with rolling fog and an early dusk.  **shiver**

The architecture was amazing.  The ironwork was incredible.  This house reminded me of a good Anne Rice story.
 Years ago, my girlfriend and I camped in Yosemite during a rainstorm.  We spent an entire day in our tent reading.  I read a book by Anne Rice called The Witching Hour.  I believe it was set with this house in mind.
Outside of Jacques Imo's Cafe.  You can sit outside in the pick up if you like.
 To get to the dining room you have to walk through the kitchen.  Once you passed through the burning fires of Hades, you entered a cool, dim dining room with drawings, pictures and artwork all over the walls. Every inch of wall space is decorated with something.  I had the fried chicken, a spinach salad with fried oysters and red beans and rice...amazing.
Mississippi River
 Probably not the most attractive viewing spot, but impressive none-the-less.
Speaking of hurricanes.

No comments:

Post a Comment