Sunday, August 28, 2011

Recovering



I love hiking in the hills around where I live.  The pictures above are from last weekend.  We had a muggy, foggy day and I somehow made it up the hill without having to stop and heave.  So proud.

Last night my children and I exercised to a Dancing with the Stars video.  We did the Cha Cha.  Tonight, we'll try the Merengue.  Extremely glad I don't have an audience (other than my two lovely kids) when I'm trying to swivel, step forward, back, cha cha cha.  Anyone watching would be very disturbed.

***NOTE - My husband just killed a fly with something called an Electro Zapper.  There was no carcass.  He simply vaporized it.  There is evil laughter involved.  Should I be concerned?

Last night I slept without waking for the first time in what feels like weeks.  My head feels clearer, but my heart still aches at random times throughout the day.  I'm starting to understand what they mean by "grief digging deep."  This hurts like nothing else I've ever experienced.  Since everyone in my family is feeling the same thing (probably none more than my mother) we have a silent language of smiles and hugs which speaks volumes, but doesn't mend.

But, I'm not wallowing.  I shan't wallow.  I shall step forward, head raised, and get on a Delta flight tomorrow morning for Memphis, a city I've never visited before.  I will take pictures and post them.  Also - I expect to meet Elvis.

2 comments: