Friday, April 22, 2011

Websites

I'm taking another class at UCLA.  Similar to the last one, I enjoyed the second night of class much more than the first.  This one is on writing with a comedic slant.  My assignment this week is to write a public paper in defense of flossing.  I've decided to write "Front Line Flossing - An Urgent Memorandum On the State of Our Soldier's Gums."  I'll let you know how it turns out.

I think this cover is better.  Sorry you couldn't see the other two options, Dennis, and thanks to all of you for voting.  I saw some books in the grocery store and they all had silver lettering for the title of the books so I'm going to mimic that.

Two nights ago I thought I was having an allergy attack.  I woke my husband up and forced him to change the sheets.  Cursing at the dogs for shedding and using profanity in a muttering sort of way, I threw all of the offensive sheets in a heap on the floor and went back to sleep.  Only to wake up the next morning with a cold.  Proof once more that karma will bite me when I rail unjustly against others.

Special note - If you don't have an e-reader, you can download a free Kindle Reader for your pc or Mac.  This information is another reason why I need to attend classes that start with thirty minutes of bizarre tidbits of information you don't need to know EVER.  Hidden amidst it all are gems like the one above.

3 comments:

  1. You're right, the silver makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cold is the act of the body to remove the dander you inhaled in bed. I had offensive curtains that I had swatted to remove a cat perched on top of the hangers and when I swatted the curtains I inhaled the accumulated dander. It took my body a week to remove the dander from my lungs (cold).
    I'll quote sis, "You're right, the silver makes it pop!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are right Dennis. And I'm glad you both think the silver works!

    ReplyDelete