Sunday, February 27, 2011

A couple of announcements...

Caio! Scott and I in Italy (courtesy of Walt Disney).
Yesterday I suffered from post vacation depression.  It was awful.  I'm feeling better today.

First announcement - My sister has gone vegetarian - correction vegan.  Today I purchased quinoa (not pronounced like it looks, which is really unacceptable) at Trader Joe's in order to make a tasty and delicious main dish for her.  I'll let you know how it tastes.  Or she will, as she will now be blogging on here every so often.

Second - I have chosen Landscape Multiverse as the theory behind my science fiction short story.  I am reading Brian Greene's The Hidden Reality and learning all about the different theories behind parallel universes.  Besides being a really good writer, Mr. Greene has chosen to write about the one thing that I'm most fascinated by, so my love for him has grown substantially.  And, since I knew that I couldn't just use what I'd learned from Stargate episodes (like "Arthur's Mantle") to form the basis for my short story, I can now appear (key word - 'appear') much more intelligent about the science behind the fiction.

And last - but not least - I have updated the "Samantha Rialto" page.  It is now the first chapter of my first book - January Kills Me.  I'm very proud to say it is completely edited.  If you find an error, don't tell  me.  I don't want to know.  Well, maybe I do, but since I've made every attempt to make it perfect in every way, I'm really hoping you don't find anything glaring.

No comments:

Post a Comment