Thursday, February 24, 2011

Vacation Observations

Our vacation is nearly over.  Since I get only a few days off a year, I try to make the most of every "relaxing" trip.  This time was no different.  In just six days we are cramming in two cross country flights, four amusement parks, swimming, eating out and general "oohs" and "ahs".  But none of this would be possible without my sister, back at home, taking care of our dogs.  Since I'm one of those people who worries and frets over my dogs when I'm not with them, having her call and say "Yeah, we hung out," has been priceless.  The immature and perpetually jealous part of me is sure that they like her more than me, but the responsible, logical and adult part knows that there is enough puppy love to go around.

Top three observations on this trip:
  1. Eating is equally good and bad.  Curse you Menu of Temptation and fork that keeps returning to the plate long after I've expressed that I will explode if I eat another bite.  LISTEN, YOU EVIL TORMENTOR!  But I love you.
  2. Walking around an amusement park does not count as exercise.  I've simply been fooling myself.
  3. I will be eating only vegetables and fruit for the next three months to pay for the excess of the past five days.
Not sure why all of my observations today were about food.  I can smell popcorn.  Is it wrong to be hungry again?  I swear after each meal I say "I will not eat again for a week," and then, I eat.  Sitting at the pool, waiting for the kids (and the adult kid) to be done swimming.  A lot of interesting people are in my general vicinity.  Exhibit A: Woman who just toweled off wearing gold bracelets and matching gold sunglasses.  And B: Dude in eyeglasses, but no shirt, eating chili cheese fries with a fork.

Shuttle took off today.  Was with the crowd at the East beach waiting expectantly to see it, but it was too cloudy, so we could only see the trail.  But that was enough for me!!!!  I'm complete!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you went to see the shuttle take off - even if it was just the "trail"! We will be equally glad to have you all back home again. Your sister is on her way over to feed and hang out with your puppies now, so they will have company soon. And vacations are about indulging yourselves, so enjoy it!
    M

    ReplyDelete