Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Oh, well, whatever...

Things you don't need to know but will after reading this post:


First - I have not finished the rewrite of January.  I'm almost there.  But I'm also writing March, working at a full time job, and raising children.  I try to write a little every day, but lately my children have enjoyed talking to me, and I put down what I'm doing to listen to them (because they are interesting people and I enjoy what they have to say).  So I am prioritizing everything and nothing at the same time.


Second, I cannot live without ice in my tea.  I've been trying these past couple of days and it doesn't work.  Makes me grumpy.


Third, the Huntington Gardens are beautiful and I wish I had more time to spend roaming them.



Where Mortimer the Mouse lives.
A new section of the Japanese Garden
Fourth, I'm reading Bill Bryson's A Home, a wonderful book about the history of our lives, but mostly about food.  And keeping with Bryson's previous works (including A Walk in the Woods and A Sunburned Country - my faves) I am alternating between mild curiosity to full blown wonder.  I will forever be astonished that his brain stays put and doesn't explode onto passersby (whereupon making those people more intelligent in the process).


And finally, tonight I was at the gym listening to a podcast while on the elliptical.  As a public service announcement I suggest you not do this.  Because if you are listening to something incredibly funny you'll face the choice of having to clutch the gyrating machine with both hands in a futile attempt to keep your balance or risk peeing your workout pants.  Pro tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment