Sunday, January 8, 2012

Kauai - Day Three

We kayaked.  That was all we managed to do.




The place we rented the kayak's from was a open air shack.  We had to haul our kayaks to the dock using tiny wheels that were loosely strapped underneath.  The nice man (read islander with tattoos) who rented them to us, biked around the other shacks when he wasn't renting equipment to tourists.


We threw our kayaks into the ocean, plopped ourselves in and motored up the river.  Since this is off-season the river was fairly empty.  Only a few boats passed us and we had plenty of time to stop paddling and listen to the jungle sounds around us...and the roosters crowing.  At one point I mentioned that it reminded me of Africa.  My sister pointed out that I hadn't been to Africa.  And I reminded her that I'd been to Disney World, which is much the same thing (but without the long flight).

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the commentary and the pictures! Where were your life jackets! ? Sounds like a relaxing vacation. Love you and fly home safely! Mom

    ReplyDelete