Monday, October 10, 2011

Seattle bound...

2009 - Me in my favorite city, on my favorite lake (Washington), thinking about my future favorite house.
There is probably no better feeling than to see something you've worked hours and hours at, be successful.  And I can now say (at least for the next month or so) that my books are making people happy.  I hope very happy.  I hope they are giggling hysterically at some of the things Sam does.  I'm writing A Violet March and a friend of Sam's mother (Mrs. Cochran) just did something that made me laugh...but my sister would be upset if I put any spoilers in here, so I won't, because I don't like to make her mad.

I'm packed for my trip this week, have a to-do list a mile long (January synopsis, Breach synopsis and edits, and March pages...oh, and work too), and need only to talk with my aunt and work out at the gym to make this evening complete.

A Halloween update :  As you may know, we are like little kids around here during Halloween.  We've been many things as a group.
Olympic Athletes (My little son had all eight medals around his neck.)
White trash Seven Dwarfs.  That's us in the back row freaked out on Tower of Terror.  Note the expensive beard batting flung up over our heads and the cheap name cards (safety pinned to our hats).  Yes, we have class.
The Tooth Fairy - and a cute bunny.
Kingdom Hearts King Mickey (I made it myself, cha!!)
Well, this year is no different.  My son and husband have put hours into their costumes.  My husband works at an elementary school ad every year he tries to come up with something to make the little kids laugh.  This year will be no exception.

But NO SPOILERS...you'll just have to wait a few weeks for the big reveal.  Trust me, it will be epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment