Thursday, November 4, 2010

Links

I'm sick again. Again? Yes. It came as a shock to me too. Couldn't talk yesterday so my girlfriend had to talk double time to compensate for the silence. She left me a message that her jaw hurt at the end of the day.

But as usual, when I can't eat, sleep or think correctly, I find myself drawing conclusions and making resolutions for change when I'm well again. (I also have terrible nightmares. Last night I dreamt that when I was on business trips my husband cheated on me. I woke him up and told him to cut it out. "Wah? Me? You're dreaming woman." Whew.)

So here's my conclusion - I visit too few websites, too often.  Meaning I'm boring when I surf the web.  How do I know this?  InStyle Magazine.  Last month they had an article that featured hundreds of websites.  I only knew a couple of them.  Shame on me.

So as soon as I feel better I'm visiting Yoox.com.  Why?  Because of the name.  I might even bookmark it.  Debra Messing visits Portero.com.  Why not me?  Never heard of it and don't often find myself needing designer sandals, but what the hell.  Cupcakesandcashmere.com sounds delicious.  A place I can get recipes and learn how to throw a party. Wha-la.  Perfect Thanksgiving here I come.

How about Bluemercury.com? I want six free samples with every order.  And my flatiron is fine, but if I want a great one I'll go to Folica.com.  And since I love everything paper I'm definitely visiting Merimeri.com.

But it is more than that.  I've discovered I don't have enough apps.  In three swipes I'm done.  My last page is only half populated.  So I can go download Chicfeed if I don't want to spend the time trolling all the trendy blogs and Remodelista when I'm finally ready to have a grown up house.

Geesh.  I'm exhausted.  Preparing for wellness is taxing.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're sick again. : ( Need some chicken soup? : )
    Take some time to get well before you go traveling again.
    Love you - let me know if I can help.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete