Saturday, October 23, 2010

Two Quick Facts


Fact #1 - The one game I managed to get my son to turned out to be against the Giants. It was a very exciting game.  "GIANT'S SUCK!!" We yelled with the crowd.  Lots of fights, the coach and pitcher were thrown out of the game, and the crowd was extremely amped with anger for our rivals to the North.  Later, when I was visiting Dodger Stadium for work, I ran into the pitcher that was thrown out of the game.  Super nice guy.  So tonight, as I watch the Giants perhaps go to the World Series, I have mixed feelings.  Bad, cause seriously, it is the Giants.  And Good, because Jake got to see a possible World Series team.


Fact #2 - The city of Redding is in Northern California and I have only visited in a couple of times.  Their main tourist attraction is the Sundial Bridge.  See above.  Pretty neat to walk across.  But if you drive through town you'll see more interesting things.  Like the names of stores...Bimore and Sew What.  I don't know if there has ever been a study, but I'm sure Redding would have more than it's share of businesses with clever names.

Bonus Fact - This video was taken at the site of the largest dam removal in our country's history.  The Elwha Dam is coming out in 2012.  They've already started removing trees in preparation for the removal construction that will cost approximately 350 million dollars.  What will the area look like when they are done?  Can't wait to visit Olympic National Park to find out.

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting! :) Thanks for sharing. Love you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the letters you have to type in the box in order to leave a message are really an eye test! Annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They keep machines from planting spam into our blog comments. Spam is automated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Dennis. I learn something new everyday!

    ReplyDelete