Sunday, May 6, 2012

Wedding memories...


This is me, on my wedding day sixteen years ago with my aunt and uncle.  My hair only looks good because my sister made me undo what the stylist did and then poured a full bottle of hair gel onto it.  I will never be able to thank her enough.  I would also like to thank my other sister for refusing to pay the stylist after seeing what she had done (she turned my head upside down and french braided backward, then burned spiral curls into the remaining strands).  (shudder and where the hell is that in the stylist's manual?)


My beautiful aunt had a birthday this week.  She is truly one of the sweetest women you will ever meet and deserves much happiness.  My uncle, with his wonderful tie, videoed my wedding.  His commentary is AWESOME and I will treasure it always.


I've been writing all weekend.  Editing January - feeling terrible about not having it done by May 1st, like I originally intended, but also knowing that I need to make it the best I possibly can.  I'm finding that it's good to read it again.  I had forgotten that Sam had a pit bull named Winston Churchill.  I've also added a previously unplanned scene to March - one that I REALLY love.  The writing process continues to charm and baffle me.  Wish I had more time.


BUT, I also love my family and must stop when Jake or Sarah appear at my elbow to tell me something.  I also am very thankful that I got to see The Avengers last night.  The final scene after the credits was fantastic (don't miss it).

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful blog, and all so true. January down, March to go. Plenty of time. Your fans, me included, wait patiently.

    ReplyDelete