Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Power of Positive Thinking


When I was a kid I loved looking for the first star of the night and wishing on it.  "I wish I may, I wish I might..."  There was always that little bit of doubt that maybe the star I was looking at wasn't a star at all - a planet? a plane? or maybe not the first star visible...and I would scan the sky with worry.

Way too much stress.  Now I see the star and I make my wish.  Always the same wish and not too challenging a wish to grant (don't want to be greedy).

But tonight as I sit here with tissues glued to my nose, completely unprepared for a meeting I called, facing a plane ride in the pre-dawn hours with a dear friend (who is pregnant and will likely be tired, grumpy and needy) I really want to make a complex, greedy wish.  But I won't.  Instead I will enlist the help of positive thinking.

So here it goes...Dear Positive Thinking, please make me feel 150% better tomorrow, make my nose stop running, let my blister (from the four-mile walk I took today) go away, give me my own lane on the freeway, let my hair be non-frizzy, make sure I wake up on time, let my team assemble in a good mood, please, please, please let me get through the day with my sense of humor intact.  Thank you.  Me.

1 comment:

  1. Have a safe trip. Hope all that positive thinking takes hold for you. Love you! :)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete