Friday, July 23, 2010

Short Story

I'm writing a short story. Here are the opening lines...

Captain McNally lived at the end of the road. Everyone said he was completely off his rocker, but I knew better.

I was eight before I even knew the Captain existed. In fact if it wasn’t for Flin running by the house one day, wearing black leather and a large staff like weapon strapped across her back, I would probably have been much older before I met him.

The title of it will be "The End of the Road." Fun, huh? It takes place on a farm road that seems to go on forever. And just might.

I also managed to get Chapter Nineteen started. "Whew" is all I have to say. I really feel like I'm on the downhill slide now. Just holding on, trying to keep the characters true. Can't wait to share.

1 comment:

  1. Opening lines are good interest catchers!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete