Wednesday, June 16, 2010

When you're in Chicago...

My day didn't start out the best. An office doesn't suit me and if I spend too much time in one I start to go a little more bonkers than usual. So by four this afternoon I wasn't the peppiest person. So when my rep suggested I take her up on an offer of free tickets to the Cub's game I said no. She asked me again and again I said, no. So she asked me a third time and I figured I probably should.
The last Cub's Game I was at was with my sister and my cousin, during our crazy road trip across America. That was the trip when Mandy's car was picked up by big strong guys in the parking lot of a Chinese Restaurant near Wrigley Field. Ahhhh. Good times. Good times.

So we took the train from Northbrook station...

Then we walked down Milwuakee trying to hail a cab.
(Illinois on the right...Minnesota on the left.)

Our cab driver felt the need to step agressively on his brakes every few feet, but when we weren't bracing ourselves and trying not to puke, it was fun to see the neighborhood and the fans. Nothing like Cubs Fans.
When we arrived, my reps contact took us through the players' family entrance and walked us to our seats. So fine.
We ordered beer and hot dogs......twice. Well dogs twice. I only had one beer. Honest.


We asked the people in front of us to take a picture with my camera...then I realized my camera was missing the memory card. So when the folks in front of us were asked to move because they were in the wrong seats (oooooo) we asked the folks behind us to take our picture with my iphone. Not sure what is up with my hair in this picture, but really I didn't care at this point. Still don't.

We left at the top of the 9th and had to walk a few blocks to catch a cab. Caught a cab with a guy named Bob. Bob was a funny guy and his driving was stomach churning and at times somewhat Matrix like. We marvled as he would magically create his own lane and we would bend time and space to bolt pass the poor peasants who were obeying traffic laws. Muhahahaha.


We reached the station, but Bob wanted to drop us off across the street. My Illinois rep asked him to get us closer because she was scared to cross the street. My Minnesota rep said he was scared to let Bob make a u-turn with him in the car. That's him holding the sign.


So. Much. Fun. And such a great way to end a stressful day. I get to go home tomorrow and am very excited to see my family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment