Thursday, June 3, 2010

Keep them coming...

I love all of the comments, so just keep them coming. Did you read Andrea's comment about tea and June? Drink up people!!!

Today I flew home from Houston. Thank you Southwest pilot for pointing out the oil fields in Midland/Odessa and the fact that if there was a leak there it would be easier to fix than the one the Gulf is dealing with. Thank you also for stepping on the gas and shooting us home at .78 Mach (he told us...I wrote it down...cause I'm a geek and I love that kind of stuff...don't judge me). I spent the flight reading Rocket Men by Craig Nelson. It is the story of the flight to the moon in 1969. Fascinating. I highly recommend it. Had no idea that Buzz Aldrin was such a nudge.

The only annoying aspect of the day was the tiny man with the giant elbows who was sitting next to me. He doesn't like Los Angeles. Made sure I knew it too. My response was blinking and then telling him that I was a third generation LA girl. I smiled too - the smile that says "Gee you are a real creep can you please just stop talking before I smack you on your surprisingly tiny yet bulbous head?"

Edited three more chapters. I've grown to love rewriting. As much as I love blazing through scenes and moving forward, I also love going back and changing words, fixing sentences, adding color. I'm trying to get into Sam's head more. A crazy head to be in, let me tell you.

Good to be home!!

1 comment: