Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Boulders are Bigger

This time of year is marble time at school for my children. The principal lets the kids bring/share/trade/play with marbles for the last two weeks of school. My son loves it. Tonight I learned about the different types (Bumblebee, tiger...) and sizes (Titanic, Boulder, Pee Wee) of marbles, plus learned about his favorites (Paint Ball and Turtle are two of them). I had no idea there were so many. I'm personally a fan of the one they call Galaxy.

In addition to expanding my marble knowledge, I learned that I had forgotten something. Something significant. A horrible memory. I hadn't thought about it for a few days. Isn't that funny? That by remembering it I would realize I had forgotten it. For over a year I thought about it every day. Had silent conversations with myself about it. But it had finally gone. And now it's back. Here's to forgetting it again.

Remember when I said I was a nerd? Well, here's proof. I marvel at the job they did with this.

2 comments:

  1. You think you're a nerd? I can identify every single cut in that commercial, and I got annoyed that the translations weren't "accurate" anymore. Because I'm such a geek I can do all of Greedo's lines. Still. So there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. I think you have to turn in your nerd card if you can't at least do one of Greedo's lines.

    ReplyDelete