Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Far Away Places

First a baby graduates. And it was perfect and she looked as beautiful as she expected. She was awarded nearly every award they could give. Such a super smarty pants.

And then someone visits from miles and miles and miles away across vast oceans and time zones that involve whole days.

So it was one of those days when you get a little melancholy about what might have been and what still can be. A side effect of aging is the realization that you might not get the chance to fit in that list of things you wanted to accomplish before you passed on. But as I was thinking about that tonight I realized another side effect of aging was forgetting what was on your list in the first place.

What was on my damn list? Marriage...kids...dogs...check. I guess I'm good. Yup. Now I just need to finish my books and then I can rest easy. Oh yeah and I'd really like to go kayaking again.

No comments:

Post a Comment