Monday, December 10, 2012

Week Three of Couch to 5K

This is not a real spaceship.
I love Jamie Lee Curtis.  I read an interview she did (maybe it was in Good Housekeeping, but I'm not confessing to reading that, I mean, jeez, Good Housekeeping? Who reads that? *cough) Anyway, the interview was about her using the Couch to 5K app to finally learn how to jog.

I've always wanted to jog, however, I have bad knees and am a little overweight.  So, at first, I thought, "Good for her," and then I thought, "I should try that," and then I said, "You're freaking crazy," and then I forgot about it.  But right before Thanksgiving I downloaded the app and made a personal resolution to get in shape.

So, three weeks later, I'm doing okay.  My knees are killing me, my ankles make squeaky noises when I walk down stairs, and my back hurts...but tonight I hit Week Three of the app.  I'm ready to say, "I think I can do this."

I think I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment