Friday, March 16, 2012

Curious

Over a thousand people a month check out my modest blog.  I'm imaging that most of those hits are from my daughter who helpfully informed me that I'd better post something soon because she was bored by the leaking gas story.


So, curious about what was happening I did some stat searches and learned something fascinating.  The number one post is the three sentence blurb I did on Yukon Cornelius (the most fabulous stop-animation character ever).  Someone finds my blog every week from searching the gold and silver seeker's name.  From this information I have deduced that I can make my blog even more popular by writing about other beloved children's characters.  Maybe I'll reminisce on Tom and Jerry, a show I watched every afternoon after school.  Loony Toons were THE BEST in my humble opinion.


I also found out that nearly five hundred people read the first In-Between since I posted it on New Year's Day.  This is exciting, because the second one is being posted TOMORROW!!!  Hold on to your bloomers, people!  More Sam and Maxie excitement coming your way!


But before that happens, let's discuss my latest trip to Chicago.  First up, the terrible weather report I witnessed on my second day.  Really, really wrong.  It was so wrong I took a picture of it.  I had the sound off, so I had no idea what she was saying...and I was thankful.


The very, very wrong news.
Then the next morning, after a trip to Starbucks, I saw this.  Check out the bottom row of helpful stores.  I've never wondered where the Red Hot Nooks were, but if you are interested I can tell you now.

Tan your Red Hots in the Barking Lot. (I rhyme because I can, not because I want to.  It's a nervous tick.)
 And now for a side by side comparison of the difference a few hours make.  Caffeine fueled optimism at a 7am Starbucks visit, replaced by exhausted reality check after getting through security at Midway Airport.





No comments:

Post a Comment