Thursday, September 8, 2011

A writers hidden talent...procrastination.

Whenever I'm nearing the end of a project my heart races, my stomach churns and I'm incapable of concentrating on the task at hand.  Case in point - today I spent way too much time designing the cover of February.  When I'm happy with two or three variations I will once again put them up here for you to vote on.

What I should have been doing is focusing on getting through the edits.  The other terrible part about editing is the self-hatred that comes with it.  I fret about a sentence, a line, wondering if it sounds too trite, too cliche, too unprofessional.  When all I really need to do is just plod on.

Yet, here I am, procrastinating by updating my blog.  The thing I have to be proud of is I have not checked Facebook in two days.  Of course, I've compensated for that by checking twitter multiple times an hour.  Enough to get a play by play of the football game.

On anther note - I'm pretty sure I've gone total vegetarian now.  I haven't cheated in three days.  I've even tried fake meat, which in truth is a step you take when you're ready to commit.  The Trader Joe's not-really-sausage-sausage-patties weren't so bad and their corn dogs (which aren't really dogs) was delicious.

All right, Sarah looks serious...back I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment