Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ugh.

Chicago skyline - from Navy Pier - before the agony...
Lake Michigan, from Navy Pier - before the agony...
I don't know who these people are, but they were on the pier...before the agony...
Landed in Chicago on Monday afternoon and went directly to The Yolk, a great little restaurant downtown.  Had wonderful salad (I'm a vegetarian now...sigh) and then took a brief walk to Navy Pier.  I'd never been.  It was very windy, we passed signs for a ship called "Windy" and all of this struck me as funny when I made the connection to the "Windy City."  But seriously, it was windy.

Spent the next day in a meeting, then had dinner at a restaurant I won't name.  I made the unwise decision to have the fettuccine Alfredo.  Never again.  Spent the entire night sick.  Managed to make it to the second day of the meeting at 8am, but was in agony...AGONY...the entire day.  The main issue was the fact that my day of utter miserableness wasn't going to end for hours, because I had to drive to O'Hare, take a five hour plane ride, and then drive for an hour after landing.  All of this meant that I wasn't able to climb into bed until the wee hours of the morning.

AND, my body is still not allowing food.  I'm not sick anymore, but my stomach feels the need to remind me that we were sick and that I'll be making wise food choices here on out.  Thus, in addition to being a vegetarian, I am now banning cheese of any kind.

Tonight, my wonderful husband went to the store and purchased potato soup for me.  Which I really wanted and thought would work.  My daughter pointed out that it was "creamy" potato soup, "With milk, Mom."  No biggie, I thought, I can have milk.  WELL, NO I CAN'T PEOPLE!  No, I can't.  *SOB*  Am I a vegan?  AHHHHHHHHHHHH

On a less, self-involved note, my son tonight asked me if I could tuck him in.  Really, there is no greater question.

No comments:

Post a Comment