Sunday, September 19, 2010

Random thoughts during a walk..

Walked with Sarah to Corner Bakery this morning.  It's a little over three miles and the last bit is uphill (which she didn't like much).  Jake and Scott met us for breakfast then I took off solo for home.  It took a little less than an hour and, while I enjoy the alone time, I was a little alarmed at the direction some of my thoughts were taking me.

For example:

  1. Is it wrong to judge people by their backyards?  Whatever the answer I'm pretty sure I did, several times.
  2. Saw one of those street corner sign carriers sitting in an office chair and semi-enthusiastically lifting his sign (We Buy Gold) a few times in different directions.  If he gets paid the same amount as the guys who dance and flip the signs, there's serious injustice in the world.
  3. Is Football my favorite sport?  I'm pretty sure it is.  Am I ashamed to be rooting for the Jets even though no one else in my family is?  Not really.  Go Jets!
Received not one, not two, but three rejection letters today.  It's Sunday people!!  Stop working.  Save that crap for Monday, the day you are supposed to feel funky.  Have worked very hard this evening to focus on the important things and my kids and husband have been so supportive.  No matter what, I'm happy I ventured out into the writing world and even if only a select few get to enjoy Sam and Maxie, it will have been worth it.  (Let it be known that the voice deep inside my head is throwing things and stomping feet.  It's not pretty.)

1 comment:

  1. Rejection letters suck. They seem so inexplicable.

    Stooooopid letters. It helps if you call them names like that.

    ReplyDelete