Sunday, September 5, 2010

Channel Islands

It was foggy and at first we could not locate Hopper Boat Rentals. But then again, we were looking for a building or a shack. We ended up parking and walking. Once we were on the dock and realized we should have been looking for an open-air desk and a small shed. Okay.

The kayaks were sit on top and Mandy looked like a pro (see picture of said-pro).
I didn't do as bad as I thought I would. At first I thought I was going to get very wet and the truth is my legs got very wet, but the rest of me was only mildly wet, which really doesn't count as wet.

It was fun to paddle past all of the houses. Some of them were huge and the boats docked next to them were interesting. There was a little, sad looking pontoon boat rather optimistically called The Heiress. And there was a boat from Friday Harbor (matching the hat I was wearing).

We let these ladies pass us so we could watch them paddle board. Mandy and I hope to take up that sport next. There was a little pug with a red life jacket on one of them and he made us giggle by barking fiercely at people walking on the docks. He roamed about the paddle board unafraid of losing his balance and the lady paddling didn't seem to mind his travels.

The older man who helped us on and off the kayaks had thick white hair, tan skin (no shirt), and a friendly smile. Was he a slacker fisherman who lived on his boat and used the money he made from helping Hopper Boat Rentals to buy bait? Most probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment