Monday, September 6, 2010

In Between

I'm in between months.  I'm editing both January (again hate the beginning...that should come as no surprise to anyone) and February.  I'm writing the sci-fi short story.  Learning more about the world as I go.  But basically I'm waiting for the next month to begin.

There is a tremendous amount of self doubt and self reflection in the in between.  I don't like it.  Maybe it is the editing process in general, which brews self loathing every time you realize you fashioned a sentence that doesn't flow, added words that have no purpose, or dialog that doesn't move the story forward.  For a reformed perfectionist, it is particularly wrenching to realize you changed the spelling of a characters name halfway through.  Geesh.

But tomorrow is another day.  Must press on.

3 comments:

  1. You have been very busy.

    Pretty. :-)

    And stop beating yourself up. Geez. A bad sentence is nothing to take personally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe of what you have accomplished. Be proud!:)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete