Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Nero Wolfe

Love Leverage.  Loving it.  Have I said that?  Can I say it again?  Love it!  As with every show I've ever really liked, I started watching late in the game, so now I have a bunch to catch up on.

Timothy Hutton is pretty much the bomb.  He was great as Archie Goodwin, one of my all time favorite literary characters.

Not sure why I have always identified with Archie.  The ever suffering, good looking, street smart, feet on the ground, half of a top notch detective team isn't really me.  But I definitely wasn't Nero either - the super smart, giant, never leaving his house, orchid growing crime solver.  Who was I in these books?  The sultry other half of Archie who appeared in later books...can't remember her name?  So no.

You can go here to see some great quotes from the books, but here is one of my favorites:

"When a hippopotamus is peevish it's a lot of peeve."  Archie Goodwin (Might As Well Be Dead)

No comments:

Post a Comment