Saturday, September 4, 2010

Saturdays

That space in between the stress of the week before and the stress of the week beginning. Saturdays are truly the BEST day of the week. I love to wake up early, before the family, to take a stroll in the backyard with the dogs. The air is fresh, the heat hasn't started yet, I can think...which is really the gift of the day.

Top things to think about on a Saturday morning:
  • The leftover laundry still sitting in the dryer, probably pretty wrinkly and needing another drying cycle. When should I fold it? Not today. Probably Sunday.
  • Items needed at the grocery store - Items forgotten even though we seem to go to the store every single day. How do we keep forgetting items. I mean, the categories are simple - meat, bread, cheese, cans, bags of chips, bad things, good things, soy (a sad necessity). Why do we always get home and say "Milk...what the hell?"
  • The never ending editing of my story. But I'm starting March people. STARTING MARCH!!
  • Future vacations we should take. We want to go to New England this fall (after they clean up from Earl), Alaska next summer, Mt. Rushmore the summer after that. Mandy and I are going to Glacier National Park. I'm definitely going back to Seattle to kayak. I want to go to Hawaii to learn to surf. Can you take two months off of work?
  • Trees and how beautiful they are this time of year. Full, green, healthy. My birch trees are now four years old and almost look like willow trees with the movement of the drooping branches in the wind. The sound of the leaves blowing as the breeze goes through them is truly one of the more wonderful sounds.
So here's to Saturdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment