Sunday, June 6, 2010

Music Mix

I'm working on a music mix for a friend. A friend whose birthday I forgot. While it might not make up for missing the birthday, its worth a shot. And she requested it, so it works...sort of.

For the past five years my sister has given me a music mix for my birthday. My Uncle has also surprised me with music mixes. They are hands down one of my favorite things to receive (and I love to give them out too). Since I like all kinds of music - well except for 80's metal...and most 80's pop...and a lot of 80's music in general - mixes are perfect cures for what might be ailing me.

I'm not sure why music soothes the savage beast. I've heard that it has something to do with neurons chemically firing within brain cells. When my neurons are on planes they absolutely must have music to keep them from firing outside of my head and incinerating the annoying people who sometimes sit next to me. When I am driving if my neurons aren't being placated with some kind of peppy beat I am less likely to let a driver who is merging like an idiot...merge. And when I am writing, I must have my neurons sidetracked so that the insecure voice that wants me to edit everything into oblivion is rendered mute.

Soundtrack for the day - Magalenha by The Duhks

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna try to make a music mix for Eric. He's been out of the country for too long...missing out, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should. You make the best mixes!

    ReplyDelete