Thursday, June 24, 2010

Live Alligators

Let me start with the following statement...

I CANNOT WAIT TO GET HOME!

I'm just not cut out for life here in the Lone Star State.  The more time I spend in the midwest the more I know for sure that I belong on the west coast.  The sky sure is pretty though.


So I was very happy to see that my San Antonio hotel was near a restaurant (as opposed to last night when I was only near the tamale place and trust me I wasn't going to walk there).  But then I discovered that instead of being a normal restaurant that served normal food, I had been fortunate enough to lodge next to the Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen.  On the menu?  How about some crispy fried alligator as an appetizer?  No?  Okay, you might instead like the pan seared frog legs...boudin...green bean frit?

No.  No.  No.  NONONONONONONO!

I ordered the onion rings and salad ( with jumbo lump crabmeat? No.)  And then I saw this in the fountain outside.  And yes, it does say that there is a Live Alligator in the fountain.  I ask you...is this normal?

2 comments:

  1. Bring me home some frog legs, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pappadeaux is awesome. And I have had their alligator tail appetizer! (Too spicy for me.) Their Greek salad is the best and I hope that's the one you got. Last time we were there Genevieve finally pulled my plate toward her and proceeded to eat it with me.

    As for the live alligator thing... stop being a West Coast snot. :-) (Even though I am deathly afraid of alligators.)

    ReplyDelete