Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Dallas

Hot, humid, but skies are clear.  Shuttle driver from Guatemala (wife from Honduras) asked if he could make a quick stop on the way to my hotel.  Sure.  I wasn't sure what he meant by "stop" but he seemed normal enough.

So about a mile from the airport we stopped at a small building with the words "El Salvadorean" on the side of it in large red paint.  "I called ahead for my tamales," my driver says with a smile.  Only two minutes later he was back with the mandatory Styrofoam boxes.  "Would you like to partake some of them with me?"  Uh. No.  But thanks.  Really.  Yo Gringa Grande.

So that was the weirdest thing that happened today.  Then again, I did have chips and guacamole for dinner.  I don't think that's normal either.

Working on story tonight, while back home my family is parting at Big Z's.  Jake made out like a bandit yesterday.  And yes, if you put lemon pie filling in between layers of lemon cake and then add an inch of lemon frosting you have in fact made a heavenly desert.  And one that you will be unable to fit as much of in your belly as you would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment