Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A retraction...of sorts.

In re-reading my post from last night I can tell that I was a tad on edge. I regret the ferocity of my anger.  In my defense, I had just watched Supernatural, and the loss of Kevin apparently affected me more than I expected. I didn't even know I liked that character so much until they brutally killed him off. I think I now know what the Walking Dead fans go on and on about after each episode. And, perhaps, I understand the feelings my readers expressed after book three (no spoilers...but something awful happens).

So, to perhaps turn the tide of negativity, I'd like to post this photo. It is full of fun colors and happy people.
My husband and son photo-bombing my selfie.
Now that you're smiling, I have to admit that I will likely watch NCIS again, because I do like Gibbs. He's ruggedly handsome and grumpy. It is a strangely wonderful combination.

I spent some time today parked outside of a produce market. It was terribly frightening. I saw a large woman carrying two poodles under her arms. The dog's heads were positioned against her body in such as way as to make me think that a certain part of her generous anatomy had eyes and tongues. I am scarred for life. I also spied an elderly couple wearing matching iridescent, padded, snow jackets. They were gunmetal grey. This is Southern California. It was sixty-eight degrees. I think the woman was sweating. Also, they were each holding several shaved coconuts. I spent the next five minutes wondering what the coconuts were for. WHAT WERE THEY FOR?

And if you think I'm exaggerating, I dare you to sit outside the produce market and not come away with bleeding eyeballs.


6 comments:

  1. April brings what to Samantha Rialto? Am I missing the book someplace? I need to laugh again, and she makes me laugh. Is there a new book on the horizon? please....
    pkayser@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is, there is, there is...I'm working on it. I should come out on April Fool's Day. I'll keep you posted!!! And thank you!

      Delete
  2. Excited for April! Your first three got me though a hard long pregnancy! Maybe this one will help me survive the endless sleepless night. Teething no gun :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( Sleepless nights with babies is something I understand. Mine are grown now, but still find ways to keep me up at night. :/

      Delete
  3. Hey I just finished march as i come to the end soon I hope of my pregnancy! There's a market the book advertising gurus are missing.... As you get fatter and less mobile, action romantic books become a necessary vicarious escape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you sooooo much. I hope eventually they'll get picked up by someone. Until then I'll keep plodding away on my own. I love that so many people enjoy them. Makes all that hard work worth it.

      Delete