Monday, April 1, 2013

Yesterday

Yesterday was the first full blown Easter Egg Hunt for these two little people.
She is dainty - He is swift - Together they are Dwift...or Sainty...
There really is a furious stallion in the living room.  Seriously.
They did fine.  They had parental units who carried them out the door first - because we go by age and by the time we get to our age we're too tired to care anymore and we all leave the house together.
The pandemonium before we RELEASE THE HOUNDS!
It's hard to describe this property.  It isn't giant, but it is on a hill and the hill is vast.  It really is the perfect place to have a Easter Egg Hunt.
The boy represented the family well and came in first (not first first, that title went to a family friend, but first with the family, which we believe counted for something).
This hunt is probably the training ground for my competitive spirit.  Being the oldest meant that I wasn't necessarily encouraged to come in first, beat the little ones to shrubbery, and jump around proclaiming my awesomeness.  The fact that the majority of my cousins were boys meant that once I gave up being nice to the little ones and really trying to compete, it was too late.  They could jump higher, leap faster, and didn't care if they scraped their shins or bruised their knees.  But every year I tell everyone who will listen (and they don't really listen anymore) that I will win - I WILL WIN - the event.  And every year I come up short.

This year something wonderful happened.  I beat my cousin Jim.  A person who I've never beat before - IN MY LIFE.  I feel really good about that.  And even if you count the eggs he found for his little girl (who he was helping and is probably the reason I beat him) I would still have more eggs.  VICTORY IS SWEET!

On a separate note - I really need a life.  I'm fast moving through the seasons of Supernatural - a show I never watched an episode of and can't believe that I didn't.  Here's a random screenshot.  Trust me, the stories are great, the humor is great - but please, I need to finish them and get on with the rest of my existence.  I feel like I'm in a race for my free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment