Thursday, October 11, 2012

Status Update

I have started a new class - short story fiction.  I'm hoping it will help me write better.  On the first day I learned that it is okay that I always feel alienated and alone.  Those are good qualities for a writer to have.  I am my own best friend in this.  By myself.

We had actual weather today.  I used my weather app.  The storm may have lasted only thirty minutes, but during that time I was THRILLED!  Rain fell from the sky, thunder rolled and our street flooded.  We even had pea sized hail.  HAIL!  Then to top it off, as I drove to class tonight I saw a double rainbow.  The valley girl in me says, "Like, can it get any better?  No, it can't."

I am so close to having a completed and polished A Violet March that I really want to stop talking about it.

I finished my science fiction short story - in my head.  Meaning that I need to stop writing this blog and get it typed out...because it is due for critique on Sunday afternoon.  Which means, that I will wait until Sunday at 11am to finish it.  (Because tomorrow I work, then edit March, then Saturday we are visiting with my cousins, then Saturday night I'll be tired but will edit March, then Sunday morning I will wake up at 6am with a headache and drink copious amounts of tea, consume a bowl of Doritos, then plop down in front of the television, turn on the NFL channel, and start writing the end of the story...)

I am in love with the periodic table of elements.  Just saying.

2 comments:

  1. You are a marvel! How much can one person accomplish?!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you mom. :) I'm pretty sure I get my over-achieving from you. xoxo

      Delete