Saturday, October 8, 2011

Determination

There are some really great people out there.  I have been enjoying hearing from everyone via my website, or Facebook, even Twitter.  My family and friends have been great, sending out notices to everyone they know.  And my sister's bookstore has been wonderful.  I found out today that I can make an Audible version (that will make my brother-in-law happy).  Thanks to the village that helped me with these books, January Kills Me is steadily in the top 100 on Amazon and climbing.

Yesterday I sent the first three chapters of March to a friend for her comments and suggestions.  She was instrumental in the development of February; meeting me every two weeks, at various and sundry coffee shops and bookstores.  This weekend she is finishing her book and I can't wait to read it.  Long Live Ruby!!

This evening, I am determined to send out a few more query letters.  I will not give up.
See my new cabinets?!!
My husband ordered and installed cabinets in my office.  Since, during the weekday, I'm a sales director, but in the evenings and on the weekends, I'm a writer, mom, wife, daughter, sister, aunt, niece, cousin, friend, lab and beagle lover...my office is understandably a bit wonky.  But I love it.  And I do understand that if I happen to be sitting at my desk during an earthquake, I will be buried in books (that's the Harry Potter series, the Little House on the Prairie collection, and all of the Janet Evanovich and Tad Williams books above my head).  I'm good with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment