Saturday, June 25, 2011

Brothers...geesh. :) Love them.
Stacy and John enjoying the Minnesota park.
Camera hounds, the three of us.  We took several self portraits.
Today was the Minnesota reception for my sister's wedding.  The weather started out cloudy and then it sprinkled, but finally the sun shone down through fluffy white clouds.  Thankfully there was no humidity (or very little...).  We were able to visit with all of my new brother-in-law's family (all 480,000 of them) and I cut another cake!!  This time Stacy helped and I didn't end up a complete embarrassment.  The brothers and sisters said a few words and then we chowed down on what was the most delicious fried chicken that I've tasted in a very long time.  Family we haven't seen for a long while showed up and I once again marveled at how great my family is.

The after party at my new brother's parents' house was relaxing and fun.  The state bird wasn't too bad and after I was thoroughly hosed down with bug spray ("Close your eyes, don't breathe, don't open your mouth") I didn't have any issues.  The brothers sang and danced for us, Blues Brothers style.  They had the moves, the words (yes, I videoed it Mom).  They were AWESOME!  Mandy disappeared on an ATV with Alex for a bit.  We ate again, told stories, laughed till we cried.

Tomorrow we are going out on the lake!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the pictures!! It makes me feel like I'm there. Can't wait to see the video! I love this new family! Glad it will be official soon! John said he was going to play polka music. Was anyone dancing? Have fun on the lake - one of Minnesota's 10,000 plus!
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one danced that I know of, but the polka music was playing and playing loud. Furious polka music...and some slower songs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great day and we were surrounded by wonderful people. Loved every minute.

    ReplyDelete