Monday, May 16, 2011

If there was a contest I would win.

I am sitting in my hotel watching Matrix for the first time.  I can remember when it came out and why I chose not to see it.  The story is good, but the execution is just okay.  Very serious.  I wonder if there was ever a parody of it.

If there was a weekly contest for poor flight experiences I would win.  First, the nice (read the sarcasm in that) TSA agent informed me that they were short staffed.  This was after I noted that no one was responding to the scanner's call for "Bag check".  Since I was looking at four of them all standing near her and not reacting or even seeming like they heard her, my comment "Can none of you re-run the bag?" seemed appropriate.  One TSA agent made sure we knew that they were all at their proper posts, because there were so many of us going through the metal detector and not standing there immobilized because there was no one to re-run the bag of the lucky sod who managed to get through before this blockade occurred.  She then proceeded to remind us all in her nicest voice that if we just threw out all the liquids, removed our laptops, stripped naked in the halls they wouldn't have to re-run bags.

But, I contained myself.  I rolled my eyes and entertained the pilot standing next to me.

My flight was delayed.  No big deal.  My flight was full.  No big deal.  Two little people sat next to me.  They were super sweet - so that was cool.  A tiny person (maybe six months) and his older brother (two) sat behind me and cried the entire flight.  A man a few rows ahead brought his cat who screeched the whole flight.  About five other couples brought babies of varying volumes.  There was nothing I could select on my iPod to drown out the sound.

So I believe I win the contest this week.

1 comment:

  1. Could it be the destination that led to such a charmed flight? Sorry you had to endure all that! Hope the day gets better. Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete