Saturday, January 22, 2011

NASA


I am a NASA geek.  Truthfully, there isn't much regarding science that I'm not a geek of...well, maybe Chemistry.  For some reason Chemistry never captured my imagination.  I'm pretty sure it wasn't just the professors, as I read The Canon (one of the best science books ever, in my humble opinion) and didn't much like her chapter on it.

But give me space and all the laws that surround our movement within it and I will be happy and fulfilled for a very long time.  One of the greatest inventions is the NASA channel.  A couple of years ago I spent an entire day watching a space walk.  To be honest, I'd had a really rough month and needed to escape my own reality and I can't promise that I would ever repeat that completely, but it was great at the time.

So imagine my happiness when I discovered that the next shuttle mission may take off when I'm in Orlando - February 24th.  I would like to say a little wish to the heavens and the aliens that live there - please, please, please let that day work for the weather, the equipment and all of the people involved.  I would like to see the space shuttle blast into the sky.  It would...complete me.

1 comment:

  1. Chemistry snob...

    And, I think you need to get to the Kennedy Center for the Discovery launch. If you don't, I'll never exercise with you again. And, I'll take back any nonedible stocking stuffers given to you in the past three years. That includes your Yoda flash drive. That's right.

    ReplyDelete