Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Park City


A few months ago we took a break from appointments and headed up to the mountains in Park City, Utah to try our hand at the Alpine Slide.  It was so much fun we decided a return trip was in order.  This time we didn't have a chance to do anything touristy, but we did get to experience a driving snow and pretty scenery that reminded us of Christmas Cards.

It struck me on this trip that while the mountains surrounding Salt Lake City are impressive, I'm not sure that I like them as much as I like the mountains near Denver and Boulder.  At first I couldn't figure out why and then it struck me that the trees were too small.  More like shrubbery.  So I'm a person that needs large trees...not really a surprise, but nice to confirm.

Watched my favorite episode of Farscape last night - Crackers Don't Matter.  It combined everything I love about the show - irreverence, humor, capable women.  It is pure tragedy the show didn't get to complete its final season.  Also watched my Jets lose miserably.  Hopefully they can shake it off and prove out my favorite philosophy - Sometimes you have to lose spectacularly to learn how to be successful.

AND I completed nine more pages of edits.  Four more to go and I can turn it over to be proofed.  Then on line publishing here I come.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you came up and even happier to hear you'll come back! Please share your experience and any photos with us when you become a fan of Park City on Facebook, www.facebook.com/parkcityUT. We hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete