Friday, February 10, 2012

Where am I?

I'm at the point in the book where it makes more sense to go back and read as a reader than it does to continue forward as a writer.  Problem is I can't read as a reader.  I read as an editor - missing words, smoother sentences, entrances, exits, why is he saying what he is saying, why is he there at all, what the hell does Skipper want in this scene, Sam for goodness sake stop think talking...


So I go forward, then back, then forward, then wonder why I'm confused.


Then I pause to write a scene that continues the terrible tension between Sam and Ben, because it is fun.


Bottom line, I'm taking this as a cue that the next in-between scene needs to be written.  This one is called Block and Tackle.  There will be bruises and possibly a visit to the emergency room.

1 comment: