Saturday, April 23, 2011

Final revisions...

I was able to format the type, chapter headings, margins, borders, page numbers, and first line of chapter indents today.  In mass paperback book format, January Kills Me is 261 pages...of pure awesomeness.  (I'm practicing my confident voice.)

I read aloud the first five chapters catching a missing 'as' and a set of quotation marks that were facing the wrong direction.  I eliminated unnecessary words, changed one 'little' to 'somewhat' and in general spruced the whole thing up.  Tomorrow on the long drive down to San Diego, I will attempt to do more editing, but I can't promise that, since I'll be working myself up to once again attempt to win the Annual Easter Egg Huntastic.

My website is 80% complete with only one page left to edit before I can release it to the public.  All the pictures are placed and I managed to find one photo of myself that looks slightly professional in nature.

If I keep this up, I may make my May 1st deadline.  No, I WILL make my deadline.

2 comments:

  1. You will be awesome and soon I will not have to nag you to death to update my reading library. I love that my mom wanted you to charge more :P and I can't believe how terrible most of us did in the Easter Egg hunt. LOVE YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too!! And yes, we chunked at Easter. I think we were all thrown off because Mandy wasn't there. All of us except for Jim. Nothing fazes him. He's got a mind of tempered steel.

    ReplyDelete