Monday, March 21, 2011

Coming soon to a town near you...probably


See the guy to my right, he came to my 40th bday party thinking he'd never have one.
The picture above is from my birthday party at my favorite restaurant - Roy's - and it was wonderful.  I am so going to enjoy returning the favor for all of my cousins.  There's nothing like having all your favorite people around you cheering you on as you get old.  Now before you get too excited it wasn't yesterday, or the day before, or even in this month.  I just put it in here cause (a) it is a funny picture and (b) the guy to my left will be enjoying this type of celebration soon.  See his face?  He's thinking no, nope, not me.  Think again buddy.

But that's not while I'm here today.  I'm here to say aloha, the time has come for me to take to the air again and this time I'm going all out.  Twelve flights in four weeks through seven states.  So much fun I can't bear it.  Once I start I'll be sure to entertain you with tales of my always predictable travel adventures.  

Until then, I'm inserting this public service announcement.  Please watch Top Gear.  I don't care if it is the American version (On the History Channel) or the British version (on BBC America).  But you must watch it.  Now.  Please.  Go here!

4 comments:

  1. Be safe! And have fun with all your adventures! And, oh yeah, I hope the work part is productive! I was out and about today, but I'll read the story tomorrow! Love you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no no no no no. We do NOT watch the American Version of Top Gear.

    Because we are passionately devoted to Jeremy, Captain Slow, and the Hamster, and nothing could have that same spirit.

    Our love affair began probably 6 years ago, when I was looking for something on TV for my sick 4 year old, and figured the name meant cars. And then I watched these guys direct a lightning strike into a car to prove you'd be okay if you were driving. "But none of the car companies would give us a car for this experiment." (pause) "So we rented that one."

    And we have seen the episode where they make amphibious vehicles at least a dozen times, and we have endured the heartbreak of the rocket episode nearly that many.

    Just asked Everett, and he says the funniest is "the motor home one" where they make their own motorhomes. I think I crack up the most at the one where they go caravanning (camping) to try out the lifestyle.

    Also: SO INAPPROPRIATE for a 10 year old boy. Ah, Jeremy and his prostitute/sex jokes. We just hope (fruitlessly) that they've gone over Everett's head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We started watching the American one first cause of Rutledge Wood (who we love), but since they don't have as many episodes and haven't gelled like the three originals, we watch the BBC version more. I've seen all, but the lightening one you mentioned. Can't wait, because I nearly pop out a lung laughing at/with/for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lightning episode is so old I've never actually seen it aired again!

    Our DVR has 47 hours of Top Gear on it, because the boys don't like to get rid of episodes. FORTY-SEVEN. And they act like I'm crazy when I suggest we could get rid of some of them.@@

    ReplyDelete