Saturday, February 5, 2011

Writing Update

Yes, January is almost edited.  And trust me, we are all thankful that I am waiting patiently for these edits to come in.  HOWEVER, I have sent it off to be read by several other people and all the comments are coming back super positive, so I'm excited.

So excited that I sent it off to another agent and I want to give that a shot before I publish it online.  It has been two weeks.  In the meantime I've been finishing my science fiction short story and discovered that I need another character.  So I've had to go back and add her in.  She's already made the story work much better by adding a bit of comedy, but also giving my main character some balance.

Accidentally I've started March and find myself going back to it and continuing to add things to Chapter One.  February is standing by patiently waiting it's turn at the editing Wheel of Torture.

So it's time to give myself some deadlines and goals.  Of course my travel schedule starts up again next week - Denver, San Jose, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Orlando (AGAIN?...yes, again), then, weirdly, Fresno, Iowa, Chicago, Dallas, Austin...I'll also somehow fit in a bridal shower and wedding in San Diego...I'm getting dizzy.

But what is life without goals and aspirations?  Blech, I tell you.

3 comments:

  1. Coincidentally? I 'm looking forward to rereading January and the sci fi short story, too.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of dang travel. You sure do get around, woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay warm and stay safe. :)

    ReplyDelete