Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Huntington

Sarah and her girly friends went with me to the Huntington Gardens today. Our first stop was the cafe where we stocked up on sandwiches, salads and fruit. Then they ditched me...for an hour. This is them saying good-bye to me.


I wandered the grounds trying not to scream and wave my hands every time a bee buzzed me. That might be okay when you have other people around, but if you are by yourself you just look silly...and a tad mental.

I snapped a photo as I sat on a bench and tried to reflect on all that is beautiful. But then thankfully the girls called me and we met at the lily ponds to check out the baby ducklings.

I then made them hike uphill through the bee infested grass because it was the quickest way to the gift store (which everyone knows is the coolest thing about the Huntington.)

Tonight I will edit chapter fifteen and try to muddle through part of seventeen (the second to last chapter). Why hasn't the Senator shown up yet demanding to see a piece of evidence? Why does Skipper keep talking? I suppose if I don't know the answers I can't expect you to.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good time was had by all! Your daughter said it was hot and she forgot about the water in the children's garden. Love you.

    ReplyDelete