Tuesday, October 28, 2014

It's a long story


My cousin gave me this on Sunday. She said it was from my Aunt's house, my aunt who recently passed away. At first I focused on the frame. It's a pretty frame.

But then I recognized the card inside. Just as my cousin was telling me it was a card I sent to my aunt, I was saying the same thing.

After my uncle died I sent this card to her. Inside I told her how messed up my head was with all the competing memories of my wonderful uncle, her wonderful husband. I told her she was amazing. I told her how humbled I was at how she was handling everything. I told her I loved her...so much.

I did love her so much.

So unbeknownst to me, she framed my card, and my cousin found it after she passed and made sure it made its way back to me. I couldn't possibly tell my amazing cousin what that means to me. She probably knows. 

I spent last night with my grandma and two of my other uncles (I'm a very lucky girl with many awesome aunts and uncles and a grandma who is amazing ). At one point, sitting, chatting, I found myself remembering sitting and chatting with my dad.

I really miss that.

So I'm a little sad, but thankful, but sad. I've been so busy lately I don't have time to think, which is maybe a good thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment