Monday, December 16, 2013

Last week was full of planes

I had to take two business trips last week. Fortunately it was a beautiful week to fly.
Sunset in Kansas City. 
Sunrise over Los Angeles.
Evening over the Rockies.
Years ago, when my son was very small, he requested that Santa bring him a large box and some markers so he could paint it. Santa was spot on and in addition to the markers, he left Jake stickers, paint, crayons, and other decorating tools. My son was very relieved that Santa listened and set to work immediately to make the cardboard box his own. The finished product took up a sizable amount of space in his bedroom. There were times when we would find Jake inside his box with a pillow and a blanket. Other times he was content to let the dogs roam in and out. The box stayed in his room for at least two years before we were able to finally dedicate it to the recycling gods.

Last night, as my husband and I roamed the stores seeking the perfect surprise gift for my son and daughter we thought back fondly to the days of the box. So simple. So pure. So #$#% easy. Those days are gone, but it is still fun to try and surprise them.

No comments:

Post a Comment