Monday, December 2, 2013

December 2nd

Writing and watching the Seahawks embarrass the saints. My husband is chewing on bacon jerky (which he informed me tastes just like bacon). I'm one thousand words short of my goal today, but there are still a few hours left.

I'm writing a scene right now that I don't believe belongs, but I'm pressing on and not going back, because to go back at this point is to repeat the entire process of writing this book. But let's just say that Skipper is a bad, bad influence on Sam.

I finished another Martha Grimes book last night. I now only have four books I'm in the middle of. One of those is a new book called The Rook. It is delicious and I love that it is a female heroine. However, I kinda wish a woman had written it. I want more women to succeed in instigator roles rather than supporting ones.

Ladies, we mustn't be afraid to be the cause of the wave.

Speaking of ladies - I went to a book signing with this lovely lady. She is the wonderful wife of my cousin, so that makes her my cousin too. Lucky me. :)
Col. Hadfield was generous with his time and very present. He looked you in the eye, shook your hand with a firm grip, and said a few kind words to all he met. Pretty impressive. His book is good, too. For someone like me (an admitted NASA nerd) it was an amazing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment