Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

This year my sister began grace with "Dear Universe..."  It couldn't have been more apt.  She then asked each of us to say what we were most thankful for.  We were all crying by the time my mother tagged my niece, the last to speak.  Turns out the things we are most thankful for are also the things we most miss.
The kids decorated.  So great.  Orange glitter can still be found on the floor.
If you could see this close up, you would note my socks.  I dress for eating on this day, not fashion.
Carving, from the dog's perspective.






Then we went for a walk.  This Thanksgiving tradition began four years ago.  On that day we had the walk that never ended - a four-mile killer.  The next year we walked for about thirty seconds, because it was cold.  Then, last year, we lost the football in the tree.  So, to keep things fresh, we went for a two miler along a horse trail.  The path was wide enough for several of us to walk side by side, tell stories, and enjoy the sunset.  We brought Snoopy and Max along.


Too cool...
 The day after Thanksgiving is our Christmas decorating day.  My husband carts everything down from the garage rafters, we set up the tree, pile on the numerous decorations, and he puts the lights on the house - one string, multi-color simplicity.  I, of course have Yukon Cornelius and a ray gun on my tree. If you look closely at the picture you should be able to see a bear, a Piglet, a bulldog and an ark.


No comments:

Post a Comment