Sunday, December 9, 2012

High Points

I had an opportunity to sit down with my short story instructor last Thursday.  He was generous with his suggestions and I found it incredibly insightful and helpful.  It was the first time in several years of taking classes that someone of his stature had taken time out to give me some advice.

The class that night was equally as enjoyable.  When it came time to review my story, I learned that they loved the first part, but were divided on the second.  One of them was adamant that the ending should be changed.  Another was confused by the jump-cut action.  Their input made me want to rush home to fix it (which of course is always my thought and is never my reality, because I don't get home until after ten and am normally exhausted).

But - Challenge Accepted.  I shall fix it.  And then, if it works, I shall submit it.

Today we went to the Getty museum.
This was in the gardens...
Then, after spending a wonderful day (the cafe has the best food of any museum I've ever been to...), I discovered that someone had reviewed Janet Evanovich's latest book and suggested that reading mine was a better choice.  RECOMMENDED IN FAMOUS AUTHOR REVIEW - ACHIEVED.  Click here to see it, you might have to scroll down a bit.  I don't really care that it is one person out of six hundred some.  IT STILL COUNTS!

I also received two letters from fans.  So I head into another week of work inspired and hopeful that I can make time for both Samantha Rialto and the crazy events of April Undercover as well as several other writing projects....and exercise...and family...and myself....

I'm an overachiever.

2 comments:

  1. I saw that review, and downloaded the first three books to my Kindle. I couldn't put them down. Excellent, fast-paced and kept me guessing until the end! I can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete