Friday, April 15, 2011

Things to do in the rain...

View from my hotel in Seattle
Pub we had dinner.  GREAT food.

I've seen the car wash above several times, but this time I remembered to take a picture of it.  So cute.

It rained nearly the entire time we were in Seattle.  A perfect rain - light, intermittent, sun shining through the clouds.  Rain stops nothing in Seattle and no one has an umbrella.  The air smells fresh, the wind is clean and everywhere you look - green.  In just a few weeks the trees will all leaf out and I wish I could be there to see it.

During this trip we drove to Issaquah.  We almost had lunch at a small brewery there, but the atmosphere of the town reminded us a little of the movie 'Footloose.'  Since we are the type of people who would stand in the corner dissing the yokels who were full of repressed longing to dance, we decided to leave before we caused trouble.  And though I would have danced, trust me when I tell you that if it wasn't already, dancing would have been outlawed had anyone in that town seen me in my wild abandon.

No comments:

Post a Comment