Monday, June 27, 2011

Jake decorated his cake.  A face for every person in his family.  All ten of us.
Last week my little boy turned ten and tomorrow my little girl turns into a teenager.  I can't believe how fast the years have flown by.  The night before Sarah was born I couldn't sleep.  So nervous, excited, anxious...and then she was there and she was beautiful.  We brought her home to enjoy summer in Denver.  We didn't have air conditioning and I sat in front of a portable swamp cooler for weeks.  Poor thing, she couldn't wear any of the cute clothes people bought her cause she was so hot.  She also never slept.  Literally.  One night several weeks in, she slept for a straight six hours and I panicked thinking something was wrong.  Most of the time, however, she was just awake and happy.  Always happy.  Even today, she wakes up smiling, bright eyed and ready to face the world.  (She's also very talkative and since none of the rest of us are morning people, this is sometimes taxing.)

I love you Sarah.  I love you Jake.  Very lucky to be your mom.

2 comments: